Chicken: 1 (900 gms to 1kg)
Whole Cinnamon: 2
Curry leaves: 2 sprigs
Onions: 2 (sliced)
Green chilli: 2 (slit)
Turmeric powder: a pinch
Paste A: Fry in a bit of ghee and grind to a fine paste
Cinnamon: 1 inch
Anise: 1/2 tsp
Coriander seeds: 1 tbsp
Green Chilli: 4
Ginger: 1 piece
Garlic: 2-3 flakes
Add 1/4 cup of coriander leaves in the end
Paste B: Grind to a smooth paste
Coconut: 1/2 cup
Poppy seeds: 2tsp
1. In hot oil, add the whole spices, curry leaves, onion and green chilli, in this order. Saute for 2 minutes.
2. Add Paste A and fry on a low flame, till the oil oozes out.
3. Add the chicken and fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add and mix Paste B and salt. Fry for 2 more minutes.
5. Add the required amount of water for the gravy and cover and cook till done.
6. Serve hot with rice.