Prawns (big medium or small)
Red Chilli powder
Garam Masala powder (cloves, cinnamon, black pepper, cardamon)
1. Wash, peel and devein the prawns. Chop the onions, tomatoes, ginger and garlic.
2. In the hot oil, first add the ginger and garlic and fry for a minute.
3. Then add the onion and fry a bit more.
4. Next add the tomato. Fry a bit and then add the salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Fry till the smell of onion disappears.
5. Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
6. When it starts to boil, add the prawns.
7. Cover and cook on medium flame, till the prawns are soft.
8. Just 2 minutes before turning it off, add the garam masala powder and let it simmer.
This is best eaten with steamed rice.