Red leaves: 1 bunch if it is big or 2.
Garlic: 1 pod
Green Chilli: 2
Red Chilli: 2
Turmeric Powder: a pinch
Salt: as required
1. Wash the leaves and pluck them from the stems. Then chop them finely.
2. Cook the leaves with half the garlic flakes (crushed), the green chillies, salt and turmeric powder, covered. Do not add water unless very dry because the leaves will give out water. Don't add too much salt, as these leaves have salt of their own.
3. When the leaves have reduced in size and the water has disappeared, turn off the gas and keep it aside.
4. Heat oil separately. Add the remaining garlic flakes (chopped) and the red chillies. Fry for a bit and then add the leaves.
5. Let this cook for around 5 mins. Serve hot with rice.