Friday, July 11, 2008

My favourite Dal

Normally when we make dal, we first pressure cook the dal and then temper it. When I get bored of doing that, I make this dal, where I fry everything first and then pressure cook with the dal. It is yummy, looks good, and smells amazing. This can be made with Masoor Dal as well as Tur Dal. I prefer Tur Dal. It is very simple. Ingredients:
Tur Dal
Onion
Tomato
Garlic
Chilly
Cumin Seeds
Coriander powder
Cumin powder
Turmeric powder
Red chilly powder
Salt
Oil or Ghee
Method:
1. Wash the Dal and keep aside.
2. Heat oil or ghee in the pressure cooker.
3. When it is hot, add cumin seeds.
4. When the cumin seeds splutter, add the slit green chillies, garlic and onion. Add them one by one frying each a bit.
5. Add the tomato. Fry well.
6. Add the ground spices and salt.
7. Fry for sometime sprinkling water.
8. Add the dal and mix well.
9. Then add water as per the required amount, and pressure cook it.

1 comment: