Chicken 1 kg
Onion large 1
Tomato large 1
Potato large 1
Curd 3-4 tbsp
Cumin seeds a pinch
Red Chilly powder
Ginger Garlic Paste
1. Wash the chicken pieces, dry them and soak in the curd with a
bit of turmeric powder.
2. In the meanwhile, chop the onions, cube the potatoes and slice the tomato. Also make a paste with the cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chily powder in a bit of water.
3. In hot oil, add the cumin. When it splutters, add the onion.
4. Fry the onion and when the colour changes a bit, add the potatoes.
5. Fry for around 4 mins and add ginger-garlic paste.
6. Fry for 4 more mins and add the spices paste.
7. This has to be fried longer by stirring and sprinkling water (so it does not burn), till it smells good and the oil leaves the mixture.
8. Add the chicken with the curd.
9. Stir well till everything is blended.
10. When it starts to boil, add the tomatoes.
11. The chicken should cook with the curd and the juice of the tomato. The curd should be enough gravy, but if more gravy is needed, then add more water after it boils.
12. Cover and cook on medium flame till chicken is done.