I feel in love with this vegetable when I was studying in boarding school in a nice, quiet hill station called Kurseong. My 34 month old boy who only likes to eat potatoes loved this one. People have different ways of cooking it, and mine is as follows (of course I got it from my mom)... It is very easy to cook.Ingredients:
Garlic 2-3 flakes
Red Chilly powder
1. Peel and cut the potato and squash in thin strips.
2. Chop the onion, garlic and tomato.
3. In hot oil, add the garlic.
4. When it is cooked a bit, add the onion.
5. When it has a glazed look, add the tomato and fry.
6. Add the salt, turmeric powder and red chilly powder and fry sprinkling water.
7. When this looks a bit cooked, add the potato and squash.
8. Fry for a bit, and then add water and cook. Cook till both the potato and the squash are soft ad feel cooked. It can be kept dry, or more water can be added for gravy.