Monday, July 21, 2008

Yummy Squash

I feel in love with this vegetable when I was studying in boarding school in a nice, quiet hill station called Kurseong. My 34 month old boy who only likes to eat potatoes loved this one. People have different ways of cooking it, and mine is as follows (of course I got it from my mom)... It is very easy to cook.Ingredients:
Squash 3
Onion 1
Potato 1
Tomato 1
Garlic 2-3 flakes
Turmeric powder
Red Chilly powder
Salt
Method:
1. Peel and cut the potato and squash in thin strips.
2. Chop the onion, garlic and tomato.
3. In hot oil, add the garlic.
4. When it is cooked a bit, add the onion.
5. When it has a glazed look, add the tomato and fry.
6. Add the salt, turmeric powder and red chilly powder and fry sprinkling water.
7. When this looks a bit cooked, add the potato and squash.
8. Fry for a bit, and then add water and cook. Cook till both the potato and the squash are soft ad feel cooked. It can be kept dry, or more water can be added for gravy.

10 comments:

  1. Experimenting lot of vegetable dishes.many posts in just two months.That also with the kid.great going.keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for the encouragement...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squash looks yummy and delicious...
    thanks for visiting my blog...U have nice and lovely blog. U can add me in ur blogroll.Hope you also dont mind If I put you on my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hai sanhita...thanks for commenting and thanks again for ading me in ur blogroll...just now noticed u tooo have posted baigan bhartha...same pinch :)...squash looks yummy and tempting...i have never used theis veg b4...but will try it now ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sanhita - Welcome to blogging. It quite addictive isn't it! Thank you for blogrolling me - I think you are the first!

    I usually browse cuisines by location, and was just thinking, haven't checked out Maharashtrian! Look forward to see some 'very maharashtra' recipes on yoru site!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sanhita - Thanks for stopping by my blog & adding me to your Blogroll. Appreciate it dear!

    Welcome to blogging, your doing a great job! Its addictive & you'll make so many wonderful friends out here.Join the Food aggregator - Taste of India, hosted by Sailu & Food World hosted by RC.

    The squash curry looks great.
    Happy blogging & welcome to blog world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey everyone...thanks a lot for the warm welcome..I know I will enjoy this.
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made the squash thingie...yummy...flatmates had never eaten it before but they lapped it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We would like to feature your squash on our blog. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

    You can view our blog here:
    blog.keyingredient.com/

    ReplyDelete