This dish my sister and I have been eating since we were kids and we both love it. Not many people like beetroot. This is a yummy dish and healthy too. Best eaten with rice.
Bay leaves 3
Red Chilly 3
Cumin Seeds a pinch
1. Cut the beetroot, carrot and potatoes in cubes. Chop the tomatoes.
2. In hot oil, add cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds start to splutter, add the bay leaves and the red chilly.
3. Add the tomatoes and fry for a bit. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt.
4. Fry for sometime, till the juice separates.
5. Add all the vegetables including the green peas.
6. Fry for sometime.
7. Add some water and pressure cook for about 5 whistles.