"When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste."...Laiko Bahrs
Thursday, November 10, 2011
My boys love jam. And they love fruits. And they were getting bored during their holidays. So we decided to try making Apple Jam. It is so simple, that I wondered why I did not make it before. My six year old helped me to make the jam and I am happy to say that he thinks it tastes better than the Mixed Fruit Jam that I buy him from the store. :)
Apples: 1/2 kg
Sugar: 325 gms
Water: 1 cup
Lemon juice: 1 tsp
Glass Bottles: 2 (200gms each)
1. Sterilize the glass bottles and their lids in boiling water for at least 10 mins.
2. Peel the apples and cut them in cubes.
3. Cook the apples 1 cup water till they are tender. Mash them a bit using a masher.
4. When the apples are mushy, add the sugar and lemon juice and cook and stir on a high flame, till it becomes thick.
5. Pour the hot jam in the sterilized bottles quickly before it sets. Leave at least 1 cm space at the top.
6. Let it cool and spread it on bread, roti, puri, or eat it just like it is....like my boy!!