My sister mailed me this recipe when my boys were unwell. It is a very popular Korean dish. It is very simple and healthy with no spices and no oil. To make it even more healthy, I added loads of veggies in it. Also I did not use a whole chicken, but chicken breasts. And while serving, I did not separate the chicken from the soup. My boys ate this without any complains!! This is my first soup post!!!!
Chicken Breast: 1 pack
Rice: 1 cup
Garlic: 1 cup
Veggies: 1 cup cubed (carrots, peas, beans, cauliflower, potatoes)
Spring Onion: 3
Salt and Pepper: as per taste
1. Wash the rice and soak it for an hour.
2. Clean the chicken and trim off the fat.
3. Place the chicken in a large pot, and add around 8 to 10 cups of water.
4. Add 1 cup garlic and boil for 15 minutes on a high flame. Then turn down the heat, cover and cook for 15 more minutes.
5. Drain the rice, and it to the chicken. Also add the veggies.
6. Remove any fat floating on the top with a spoon.
7. Boil covered for 20 more minutes.
8. Meanwhile, chop the spring onion stalks and beat the two eggs.
9. Once the chicken is tender and falling off the bones, season with salt and pepper.
10. Add the Spring onion, and the eggs, stir and cook for 3 more minutes.
11. Serve hot and enjoy.