Feels good to be posting after a really long time. I have been very busy with my two boys. Now that both of them are in school, I have a bit of time on my hands to blog mor often.
Todays post is about Aloo Palak. I generally make palak in a very simple way. Today I decided to make it differently.
Palak/Spinach: 2 bunches
Ginger: Finely chopped
Garlic: Finely chopped
Onion: 7 to 8 Baby/Madras onions
Potatoes: 2 medium Diced
Chilly: 2 Slit
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Corriander leves: 3 tbsp Chopped
Cream: 2 tbsp
Turmeric Powder: 1 tsp
Corriander powder: 1 tsp
Cumin powder: 1 tsp
Salt: As per taste
Oil: As required
1. Blanch the spinach: Put the spinach in salted boiling water for 2 minutes and then put it in cold water.
2. Fry the diced potatoes for a 3 minutes. Keep aside.
3. In hot oil, add the cumin seeds. When it crackles, add the chopped ginger, garlic and slit chillies.
4. Saute for a bit and then add the baby onions.
5. Let it fry till the onions change colour.
6. Add the potatoes, salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder and corriander powder.
7. Mix well. Add little water. Cover and cook on a low flame till the potatoes are soft and the water has been absorbed.
8. Add cream and cook for 2 minutes.
9. Add the spinach and corriander leaves. Cover and cook on low flame till the spinach is cooked.
10. Serve with rice or roti.